June 7, 2012

Recipes | Lemon Pepper Salmon

Can't you tell I love peas?

Like many of you I love Pinterest and it's infinite amount of recipe pins so of course I couldn't resist trying out this easy salmon recipe. I wanted to test out this recipe on my day off to see how "easy" it really was and I have to say it was right on!

What you'll need:
Directions:

  1. Thaw out your salmon; I bought them individually wrapped so they're easy to toss a few in a bowl on the bottom shelf of the fridge to thaw out while you're at work or during the day.
  2. While you're prepping preheat the oven to 300 degrees.
  3. Slice a couple of lemon "wheels" (if you like lemon with your fish cut few wedges for later.)
  4. On sheet of aluminum foil place enough lemon slices to cover the bottom of the salmon (it only took five.)
  5. Place a few pieces of butter on top of the salmon.
  6. Sprinkle pepper on top plus any other seasonings of choice.
  7. Create a pocket with the aluminum foil by pulling two sides together, fold over, then close the sides in with the center fold.
  8. Bake for 25 minutes until salmon flacks easily with a fork (internal temperature should be 145 F; place thermometer in the thickest part of salmon when checking)

It tasted great and clean up (including prep) was a breeze because everything was contained in the aluminum foil pocket. Next time though I might use a bit more pepper and another spice to give it additional flavor. Overall it's an easy tasty dinner perfect for two that you won't break a sweat over! 



2 comments:

  1. Yum. My stepdad does a killer salmon on the grill. Foil, then your salmon, cover with italian dressing, tomatoe and lemon slices. Perfection. Super, now I'm hungry.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and feel free to leave a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...