One thing I love about summer time is my grandpa's garden and making the home made pickles from the cucumbers. He would make some the traditional way in the mason jars but a couple he'd just cut up in vinegar with onions. It's really quick and simple snack that goes great with sandwiches.
What You'll Need:
- Distilled White Vinegar
- Yellow Onion
- Container or bowl
- Plastic Wrap (if container doesn't have lid)
- Rinse off cucumbers; peel and cut into either slices or spears which ever you prefer.
- You'll only need about half of that onion; peel and chop.
- Put cucumbers and onions in container/bowl and pour vinegar till everything is covered.
- Wrap and put in refrigerator for a few hours then they're ready to eat.