May 26, 2013

Learning


I've survived my first week at the bagel shop, though the last two days I was at a different store and let me tell you it was an experience. It was a lot busier and was a challenge as I was still learning how to make sandwiches, all the while trying to figure out where things were in this store. The boss at the end of the was encouraging and said I did a good job for being so busy;  it's nice to know I wasn't as horrible at it as I thought. On another note I got to spend some time over at the bakery Saturday and made a batch of cupcakes, iced a few of their Chocolate Mocha cupcakes, and decorated one of their famous Stairway to Heaven cake. The owner is really nice and passionate about this business, I'm glad to be working there part time before my internship to get to know the business better. 

This is really a new experience for me, not the working part because I've had jobs before, but all of this learning all at once. Classes has helped me out at the bakery, but I'm still learning my way around there and then learning the menu at the bagel shop. I feel like I don't have a lot of time to do some of the things I have planned with all the random hours, and it doesn't help that when I do take a nap it's ends up being 2-3 hours long. It's a big adjustment on my time (I forgot today was Sunday!) and I'm just going to have to get use  to it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting and feel free to leave a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...