October 26, 2012

Recipes | Warm Apple Cider for Two! from Of Corgis and Cocktails

applecider6

Hi there! I'm Katherine and I blog at Of Corgis and Cocktails where I talk about all things related to fashion, food, and fido. It's finally time for really yummy hot apple cider. I really quite enjoy a piping hot cocktail on a chilly fall night, especially since I haven't turned my heat on. So here's my little recipe for a serving for two for hot apple cider with rum.
applecider4


What You'll Need
Good apple cider (Pennsylvania is full of good ones, I got mine from a market in Amish Country)
Cinnamon Sticks
Vanilla Bean or Vanilla Extract
Nutmeg
Orange Juice or Orange Peel
Spiced Rum (Obviously...I'm running low....)

In a small sauce pan, pour two cups of apple cider. Put in two cinnamon sticks and turn up the heat to about medium
applecider3

While it's heating up, scrape a small amount from your vanilla bean pod - or use 1/8 tsp of vanilla extract.
applecider2

Add in 1 teaspoon orange juice and 1 teaspoon nut meg. Stir well and bring to a simmer.
applecider1

Once it is nice and hot and all the ingredients have mixed in and you can smell the cinnamon, pour into mugs and serve!
applecider5

Thanks so much Katherine this just warms me up thinking about it! Hope you all (of age of course) enjoy this recipe and take in the fact it finally feels like Fall :)

1 comment:

  1. Mmm, that looks really good!
    I don't think I've ever had apple cider. This definitely makes me want to change that though:)

    blueeyednightowl.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and feel free to leave a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...