December 28, 2011

New Years Resolutions


Save More Money. I'm generally good with money but sometimes those few trips to the store (i.e Walmart) tend to add up at the end of the month. I want to manage my money and find a way to save more. My three major things I'm saving for is a down payment on a car, new and bigger television, and another tattoo as a graduation gift to myself this summer. 

Have More Faith. As a Christian when times get tough I look to God to give me the strength to get through it all, but sometimes I just stress myself out. I'm a very critical person who likes to know what is ahead and plan things out, so when it doesn't I panic and get overwhelmed. I need to remember that God is there for me when things go wrong and that I don't have to go it alone.

Read More. The only time I read any more is when I have to do a book report for class and even then I find myself missing just reading for fun. My grandmother lent me The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo plus the next book The Girl Who Played with Fire so I'll kick off with those. I also have a stack of books I got when my friend Casey and I would visit the used book store downtown that I would really like to read. 

Get Back On Track. I need to get back on track when it comes to eating healthy and exercising. I was doing so well at school but now I need to make a plan that works with  my life now instead of back then. By doing so I can be more focused and more likely to stay on track. 

Do More for the Blog. I would love to do more articles or more posts in general. Maybe take more photos, write more personal post and do more style/outfit ones. Also it'd be great to work with other blogs to do articles on my blog that way I can share some of my favorites with you and get my blog out in the world a bit.

Work On Craft'n Bettie. There is so much I want to do with my little etsy shop! There are a lot of pieces I'm bringing in and some going out for good, but the most part I found what I want the store to be and I want to stick with it. I also want to expand it an add accessories such as vintage/upcycled purse, hair accessories and other fashion accessories. Maybe even later in the year start making my own metal charms but that's a different story.

Thrift More. I don't go thrifting nearly as much as when I was a teenager and I really want to get back to checking out stores regularly. Now I know I mentioned saving more and how can I save if I spend it going to thrift stores? Well I don't buy junk and I'm really good at saying no when a piece is cheap but would just be put in storage or it being what I want and out of my budget. In a way it'll keep me from spending too much on the vintage pieces I want like a mountain/forest paint by numbers or a mid century credenza.

Finish Projects. Last but not least I want to finish some of my projects like decorating the bedroom and the vintage wall in the living room. I got some of the small ones done before Christmas but I want to get the big projects done before the summer time!

I'll be working on New Years Eve and so will le boyfriend so we don't have anything major planned. It might just turn out like last year, a few mike hard lemonades, pizza and sitting in the drive way watching fireworks. What are some of your resolutions or plans for the new year? Feel free to link them!!

2 comments:

  1. I really need to get back on track with eating well and with thrifting more!

    <3Chelsea Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can i just say ditto? I have gained 10 pounds in the last week. No joke. I've eaten about 20 peanut butter cookies today, with a side of cheeseburger and fries. ugh. The only thing I don't need to do is thrift more often! Needless to say you are girl after my own heart with your resolutions. Long comment, but wanted to reach out and say I would LOVE for you to do a guest post sometime in the future. I adore all your posts, so whenever you feel like it, let me know! Happy New Year and all the best! xoxo, Amy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and feel free to leave a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...