What You'll Need:
- Brown Rice
- Can of Black Beans
- Choice of Spices (I used chopped dry onion and garlic powder)
- Can of diced tomato* or Salsa
This makes a lot so it's perfect to refrigerate and heat up for lunch during the week.
- Start by cooking about one cup of rice (usually yields 3-4 servings after cooked) according to instructions.
- Strain any extra water out and put back in the sauce pan, set burner on low and return it to the stove top.
- Strain the black beans and mix into the rice.
- Add in your spices; I usually guess the amount, but I'd say I use about two teaspoons of dry onion and teaspoon of garlic powder.
- If you want to keep it simple strain the chopped tomatoes in with everything or to spice it up mix in about 1/4cup salsa.
- Mix well and let sit for a minute or so until everything is warmed up.
- Finish with a little bit of sour cream.
*if you don't like pieces of tomato in your rice feel free to use tomato paste instead