April 7, 2011

Vintage Finds

Here are some of my vintage finds that I've collected through out the years. I just thought I'd share with you these unique and amazing pieces.

This piece I found at the local Goodwill for $1 or so. It originally had a red background, brown/gold edges and the girl was creme colored but after bringing it home from college it broke and I had to fix it. The  glue showed so I sprayed it just one color. I'm thinking about spraying it again but I'm not sure what color. 

I started a hope chest (a box with pieces for my future dorm/apartment) when I was a teenager. My cousin and I found these in a box at the Goodwill for $10. It was full of Cornelle dinnerware and came with tons of plates (6" & 8") a tea set with saucers. It had a sugar container, gravy dish and other odd pieces but there were too many missing be a complete set. We're using them now as our dinnerware

This was a steal at a local thrift store for only $7 and in good condition. It needs new fabric and more padding in the back. I'm not sure what color fabric to cover it in so I haven't done anything with it yet.

This little kitten was in my childhood home for as long as I can remember. There were actually a few of them but they were either broken or someone else took them. I think it's so cute and it's in perfect condition.

I bought this brass camel at the town's Apple Festival for seventy-five cents. I was a teenager when I bought it and don't know why I did. Regardless it has been part of my knic-knac collection ever since.

I bought the brownie hawkeye camera at the Apple Festival the same time as the camel for $15. It came in it's original box and looks to be in good condition, but I'm not sure if it works or not. The owl(s) came from this estate style vintage store for $2 or less; the store is no longer there but when it was there my mom and I would check it out every weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting and feel free to leave a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...