As the title entails it is a lot of vegetables and it is absolutely delicious! I tried to make it healthy but since I was using leftovers and what I had on hand I think it could use some tweaking to make it healthier. Until next time this is how you make this easy soup.
- 1 Small Package of Frozen Mixed Vegetables ( I used the "California Blend")
- 4-5 Small Red Potatoes
- 1 Can Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1/4 Cup Sour Cream
- 2 Teaspoons Paprika
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- To Taste Salt/Pepper
- First off you want to peel those potatoes and get them in boiling water to soften up just a little (about 10-15 minutes) meanwhile you want to soften up the frozen mixed vegetables.
- Once the potatoes are soft but still firm put them in the food processor or blender along with the mixed vegetables, peeled garlic cloves. Puree everything then add in the Cream of Mushroom, and continue to puree until you get the texture you want (some people like it a little chunky while others may like it smoother.)
- Put the puree in a saucepan on medium low, add in your spices and allow it to cook for about five minutes.
- Turn it down to low heat and stir in 1/4 cup of sour cream.
- Scoop it into a big bowl with low-fat cheese and a little hot sauce if desired and as always enjoy!
Like I said I used what I had on hand so next time I might change it a bit. Maybe try a low sodium chicken broth rather than the Cream of Mushroom and just add in fresh mushrooms. Also replacing the sour cream with a low-fat variation or even try greek/regular low fat plain yogurt instead. It's definitely something I want to try again especially with Fall around the corner :)