September 1, 2015

D.I.Y | Antique Jar

My mother has this neat antique looking jar sitting on a vanity that she keeps hair ties and pins. She got it long ago and I wanted to create something similar for myself!


|| What You Need ||

Small jar 
Metallic Finish Spray Paint
Printed Antique Style Image
Mod Podge
Foam Brush

  1. Find an image! I used one of an old map of Paris that I found at Remodelaholic for mine.
  2. Use the lid to trace around the image you want on top of the jar. Trim the edges until you get it to fit the smaller inner circle.
  3. Spray the lid with the metallic paint and allow to dry.
  4. To attach the image use the foam brush to apply Mod Podge then place image on top and apply another layer of Mod Podge of the image. 
  5. Once it dries you're ready to use it for anything. Store hair ties or use it for homemade scrubs!

1 comment:

  1. What a good idea! My Mum has an excess of old jam jars. This would be a great way to reuse them.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and feel free to leave a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...