May 31, 2012

Recipes | Easy Poached Egg

When I was in labs at school I had a class that for the first few days all we did was cook breakfast foods and poached eggs were on the list. They're rather easy once you get the hang of it but it's not a quick process. So I found this amazing recipe at The Kitchn on how to make one in the microwave! Perfect for in the morning or when you only have a microwave to cook with (i.e college dorms.)
What You'll Need:
  • 1 Egg
  • 1/3 Cup Water
  • 1/2 tsp vinegar (helps egg to coalesce better)
  • Microwavable cup (I used an extra large soup style mug)
  • Slotted Spoon
  1. Crack Egg into cup and pour water/vinegar mixture over top
  2. Set microwave power at 80% and cook for 60 seconds*
  3. Since microwaves are different keep cooking at 80% in intervals of 10-20 seconds 
  4. Once finished take remove the egg with the slotted spoon; the white will be a little wiggly but that's okay since the yoke will cook faster than the whites.
  5. Now pair it on top of lightly buttered toast with some fresh fruit (or in my case frozen yogurt covered fruit since le boyfriend ate the rest of the fresh) and enjoy!
*I like my egg a little runny so I did it for the 60 seconds at 80% with additional 10 seconds at 70% power. It cooks the yoke a little but there is still some runny goodness. For a more solid yoke try at full power at 60 seconds.


4 comments:

  1. this sounds really yummy! and i love that mine will be served on the same plate as pictured. i love our green daisies. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love them too! I got them when I was 16 and planning for my "future" home and now I'm using them in my first apartment. Go 16 year old me :)

      xo Amber P.

      Delete
  2. This looks so good! I wanted to try out a poached egg and didn't know you could do it a microwave.. now I must to do this tomorrow :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and feel free to leave a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...