It's that time of month again to call for Sponsorships and as always it's free! Just check out the Sponsorship page at the top and send me an email :)
August 26, 2013
I haven't worked much on wedding stuff in the last few weeks except tweaking the invitation designs (which I finally finished and we both love them) but I've been trying to keep myself focused on something rather than just mindlessly staring at the computer. First thing I contacted one of the venues I was thinking about using for the ceremony plus reception and let me just say it's about half the price of a decently used car so it's back to the drawing board on that one. Despite that minor setback I did make some progress on my ideas for the dessert table.
Of course the actual dessert table with be longer and have more dishes but this is what I have at the moment. My original idea involved using the crate boxes to sit the cupcakes on, however I'm starting to like the idea of just using them more as decoration at the end of the table with either a short vintage soda bottle or mason jar with flowers and maybe a knick knack or something. As for holding cupcakes I was thinking of looking for some metal trays, then having a few more cake stands to hold his/her favorite cookies, thrift plates for more stuff, using the blue candy dish for traditional wedding candies, and filling the 3-Tier stand with just small sweets. I want to use a tall cake stand for the wedding cake, but I'm having trouble finding affordable ones that aren't just clear (I made that one above out of amber colored dishes). So if I can't find one I'll just put a prop under the tablecloth to give it height. One thing not pictured are hankies, I have about three white hankies that I picked up at an antique store that I thought about placing under some of the cakes plates or in the boxes. There is still a bazillion things I have to do so this is just the tip of the iceberg but I'm glad when I have somethings figured out!
August 21, 2013
As the title entails it is a lot of vegetables and it is absolutely delicious! I tried to make it healthy but since I was using leftovers and what I had on hand I think it could use some tweaking to make it healthier. Until next time this is how you make this easy soup.
- 1 Small Package of Frozen Mixed Vegetables ( I used the "California Blend")
- 4-5 Small Red Potatoes
- 1 Can Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1/4 Cup Sour Cream
- 2 Teaspoons Paprika
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- To Taste Salt/Pepper
- First off you want to peel those potatoes and get them in boiling water to soften up just a little (about 10-15 minutes) meanwhile you want to soften up the frozen mixed vegetables.
- Once the potatoes are soft but still firm put them in the food processor or blender along with the mixed vegetables, peeled garlic cloves. Puree everything then add in the Cream of Mushroom, and continue to puree until you get the texture you want (some people like it a little chunky while others may like it smoother.)
- Put the puree in a saucepan on medium low, add in your spices and allow it to cook for about five minutes.
- Turn it down to low heat and stir in 1/4 cup of sour cream.
- Scoop it into a big bowl with low-fat cheese and a little hot sauce if desired and as always enjoy!
Like I said I used what I had on hand so next time I might change it a bit. Maybe try a low sodium chicken broth rather than the Cream of Mushroom and just add in fresh mushrooms. Also replacing the sour cream with a low-fat variation or even try greek/regular low fat plain yogurt instead. It's definitely something I want to try again especially with Fall around the corner :)
August 19, 2013
I've been searching for more Paint-By-Numbers for the wall in the living room and I finally found another that I love! I had went with the family to an antique mall where I found a few awesome pieces but they were way over priced or not the style I was looking towards. A few weeks later I went out shopping with my Mom and we decided to check out a local antique store and stumbled upon this beauty plus it was at a great price!
Here it is hanging up but I think it needs something else, maybe some more smaller PBN to go underneath it? What are some of your recent finds?
August 9, 2013
I was tagged by Jenny from Magic Cat Jenny about two week ago and I've been slowly (but surely) filling out these questions as I've worked a hectic schedule!
The Rules: Answer the 11 questions, tag 11 people & let them know, and ask them a new set of questions. I'm not sure if I know 11 bloggers to tag that have not already done this yet, but we'll find out.
- What’s the #1 most played song on your iTunes/iPod/Phone/etc?
Hating Every Minute by Alkaline Trio
- What is your favorite body part?My butt...just kidding, not really, I guess I would say my legs. They may not be perfect but I've learned to love them.
- What was one of the best parties you have ever been to?
Not a real party person but if you call it a "mini" party I love doing double dates with my bff and her fiance, we always have a fun time.
- Which celebrity do you get mistaken for?
I've only been told I've looked like few people famous people: Winona Ryder, Shannyn Sossamon (when she was in A Knight's Tale) and some lady from J.A.G. I don't think I look like any of those ladies or anyone in particular
- If you had to work on only one project for the next year, what would it be?
Building a future business with a friend, we haven't had time to really work on stuff even though we have a majority of the idea down. It would be nice to just spend a year working on this awesome idea.
- If you could be any fictional character, who would you choose?
There are some many from books and television shows, probably I'd either be Katara from Avatar: The Last Airbender (cartoon NOT movie) or the Doctor from Doctor Who
- What would you name the autobiography of your life?
A Story Not Quite Finished
- When was the last time you were nervous?
More like when was the last time I wasn't?
- What is something you learned in the last week?
A few things this week at the Bakery.
- Name a blog or two you always read.
I always check up on my bigger blogs (like over 10,000 followers) because they always have something new but I love to check out Magic Cat Jenny (of course!) Wanderland Vintage, Of Corgis & Cocktails...basically everyone that I've met through blogger are on my frequent (if not daily) reading list.
- What is your favorite thing about blogging, why do you do it?
It's a place for me to record my life, I love looking back and just reading what I wrote in the moment. I also love sharing ideas with all my readers. Even though I'm not on here as frequently as when I started I still love reading comments and thinking of blog post ideas.