August 26, 2013

Wedding Stuff

I haven't worked much on wedding stuff in the last few weeks except tweaking the invitation designs (which I finally finished and we both love them) but I've been trying to keep myself focused on something rather than just mindlessly staring at the computer. First thing I contacted one of the venues I was thinking about using for the ceremony plus reception and let me just say it's about half the price of a decently used car so it's back to the drawing board on that one. Despite that minor setback I did make some progress on my ideas for the dessert table.


Of course the actual dessert table with be longer and have more dishes but this is what I have at the moment. My original idea involved using the crate boxes to sit the cupcakes on, however I'm starting to like the idea of just using them more as decoration at the end of the table with either a short vintage soda bottle or mason jar with flowers and maybe a knick knack or something. As for holding cupcakes I was thinking of  looking for some metal trays, then having a few more cake stands to hold his/her favorite cookies, thrift plates for more stuff, using the blue candy dish for traditional wedding candies, and filling the 3-Tier stand with just small sweets. I want to use a tall cake stand for the wedding cake, but  I'm having trouble finding affordable ones that aren't just clear (I made that one above out of amber colored dishes). So if I can't find one I'll just put a prop under the tablecloth to give it height. One thing not pictured are hankies, I have about three white hankies that I picked up at an antique store that I thought about placing under some of the cakes plates or in the boxes. There is still a bazillion things I have to do so this is just the tip of the iceberg but I'm glad when I have somethings figured out!

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. They're so cute aren't they? I found them at Michaels Craft Store and I plan on staining for the wedding :)

      xo Amber P.

      Delete

Thanks so much for visiting and feel free to leave a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...