I like chicken but get so tired of the same ol' grilled or baked chicken. So here is a great recipe that spices things up a bit and taste great. Also it's an easy clean up and friendly on the wallet.
- Chicken Breast (One for each person if small or One for two if large)
- Taco seasoning
- Favorite Salsa (I go for Picante style)
- Cheese (optional)
- Sour Cream (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 375 F and have chicken thawed either ahead of time in the refrigerator (on the bottom shelf) or under warm running water.
2. Take tongs and place thawed chicken breast into a 9x13 casserole dish and sprinkle taco seasonings on both sides. I find using the tongs an easy way to keep your hands clean and less mess for later.
3. Pour enough salsa to cover chicken breast, leave some for later.
4. Place cheese on top and bake for 25-35 minutes; I usually go for 30 minutes but remember thermometers always help! Safe chicken temperature is 165 F and when juices run clear.
5. Add extra sauce or sour cream if desired and enjoy :)
You can pair this with a salad or rice and beans. I do my own version of Spanish rice that I call quick Spanish rice; it worked great while at the college apartments and I just stuck with it. So pair it with a side of black beans and you'll have a tasty side for your Salsa chicken.
- Rice (I used brown quick rice)
- Garlic powder
1. Make rice according to instructions
2. Take a little bit of salsa and mix into cooked rice.
3. Sprinkle a dash of garlic powder and mix well.
4. Eat it up!
I hope you guys enjoy this dish as much as I do! Also check back tomorrow for the weekly Obsession Wednesday post.